The 2013 Belize MDGs Progress Report takes a stocktaking assessment of the country’s progress towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals documenting challenges that hindered progress AND clearly identifies the ‘unfinished business’ or remaining and emerging priorities within the context of each MDG. The report also articulates a POST 2015 DEVELOPMENT AGENDA building on the country’s experiences with the MDGs with a particular focus on lessons learnt and their implications on informed policy making.
Eight Goals for 2015
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
UNDP and the Millennium Development Goals
About the MDGs
- In September 2000 world leaders gathered at UN Headquarters ratified and adopted the Millennium Declaration; 192 nations signed on to this wide-ranging commitment. A year later the UN Secretary General presented a Road map towards the implementation of the United Nations Millennium Declaration. Now, UNDP and the UN Development Group (UNDG) have been facilitating an unprecedented global conversation through which people can help shape the future development agenda that will build on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) after 2015.
- The United Nations (UN) Millennium Declaration
- Road Map Towards the Implementation of the UN Millennium Declaration
- Post-2015 Development Agenda
Belize Achieving the MDGs and a Post-2015 Agenda
- As signatory to the Millennium Declaration the Government of Belize committed to pursue and achieve the MDGs, a common set of goals and targets to bring all people up to minimum acceptable standards of human development by 2015. National effort is now focusing on a Post-2015 Agenda for Belize. UNDP supports the Government in its efforts in working towards, monitoring and reporting progress on the MDGs and its Sustainable Development Goals.
- MDG Acceleration Framework (MAF), Water and Sanitation, July 2011
- Belize MDGs Scorecard and Outlook Report 2010
- MDG Report Statistics 2010
- First Millennium Development Goals Report, Belize, 2004
- Belize’s first MDGs Report, 2004, identified key issues to be addressed with respect to each of the eight (8) MDGs. To assist with integration of the MDGs in national plans and implementation, UNDP supported the Government of Belize in partnership with the University of Belize, the Ministry of Economic Development, the United Nations Country Team and the Ministries of Health, Natural Resources, Human Development and Local Government, in the implementation of an MDG Needs Assessment and Cost Prognosis (Phase II) Project.More
UNDP AND THE GLOBAL POST-2015 DEVELOPMENT AGENDARead More
Latest MDG Report
MDGs Progress Report 2012, by Government of Belize.
- 09 Dec 2013:Welcome – MDG Report and Post-2015 Agenda Launch
- 25 Nov 2013:Belize Gets Millennium Development Goals Database System and Training