- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Are you enthusiastic and committed to development in Belize and interested in a career with UNDP? If so, UNDP is keen to hear from you. We advertise vacancies publicly when they are available. Employment positions with UNDP are interesting and offer excellent benefits. UNDP is committed to helping you develop your potential by providing great training and education opportunities for your future career advancement at national and international levels.
Current Jobs and Consultancies: Belize Job Search
- Request for Proposal, National Stocktaking and Target Setting Consultancy, Biodiversity Enabling Activities Project, Deadline August 23, 2013.
- Project Coordinator, Enhancing Belize’s Resilience to Adapt to the Effects of Climate Change Project, Deadline July 17, 2013.
- Finance Associate, Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) Phase II Project, Deadline May 31, 2013.
- Executive Assistant, Office of Management, Deadline May 24, 2013.
- Administrative Assistant, “Enhancing Belize’s Resilience to Adapt to the Effects of Climate Change" Project, Project Execution Unit, Ministry of Natural Resources and Agriculture, Deadline April 19, 2013.
Five principles guide all recruitment and selection in UNDP:
Vacancies are posted on the UNDP Belize website for a minimum of two weeks. If you find a job that matches your skills and interests, simply send your CV and the name of the ToR you want to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening and Interviewing
- Selection criteria and competencies needed are stated in the vacancy announcement pertinent to a specific position. After the closing date, the long-list of candidates is prepared based on these competencies. For certain technical positions, technical test results may use as a further assessment tool. The “long list” is reviewed and the ensuring shortlist is finally prepared based on technical testing, corporate priorities, organizational needs, and holistic assessment of candidate profiles.
- Shortlisted candidates are then invited for interviews with the interviewing panel which is usually composed of four panelists.
- A thorough reference and background checks is conducted on the recommended candidate.
- The interview panel recommends the selected candidate to an internal committee. The latter reviews the recruitment process and ensures its transparency and competitiveness.
- The selected candidate must provide a medical clearance before starting his or her duties.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates are contacted.
Employment of Close Relatives
A husband/wife of a UN Staff Member may be engaged under an employment contract with UNDP, provided there is no direct supervising relationship.
Contracting close relatives of UN staff members or an individual engaged with UNDP under a Contract (father, mother, brother, son, daughter, brother or sister) is prohibited. (Rare exceptions are granted when another person equally qualified cannot be engaged, which requires the approval of the Office of Human Resources in New York).
Types of Contracts
Fixed Term Appointment (FTA National /International)
Use of Contract Modality - Employed on core activities of continuing nature, within the office; activities not likely to be concluded within 3 years. For career staff, UNDP invests in individuals’ training and career development.
Service contract (SC)
Use of Contract Modality - Work is not part of UNDP’s central core work; is within project context (NEX agency, direct execution, etc.) or in UNDP office on work that could be outsourced, but for which outsourcing is not feasible or desirable under special circumstances. It is issued for a minimum period of 6 months and maximum of one year. Renewal of an SC is subjected to performance, project duration & needs, and budget availability.
Individual contract (IC)
Use of Contract Modality - The IC is used for the procurement of services of an individual to perform non-staff tasks in connection with clear and quantifiable deliverables which shall be listed in the contract and linked to payment.
The Individual Contract is intended solely to deliver time and deliverable bound services, subject to availability of funds. These services can be intellectual in nature (requiring a consultant) or support services (requiring a contractor).
Remuneration Scale for Local Individual Contractors
The ranges of the remuneration rates in Belize Dollars for local Individual Contractors are represented below. For consultancies exceeding the one (1) month period, the monthly rates will apply.
|Remuneration Scale (IC, September 2013)|
|Level||Minimum Requirements||Daily Fee (BZ$)||Monthly Fee (BZ$)|
|Academic Qualification||Min. Experience||Min.||Max.||Min.||Max.|
|1||Technician||High School||Not Required||$53||$103||$636||$1,236|
|6||Senior Specialist||Master, PhD preferable||10 Years or more||$280||$572||$3,360||$6,864|
UNDP Belize also welcomes applications from outstanding university students and graduates interested in acquiring experience as interns. Through this programme interns gain exposure to UNDP’s Programme and Operations work. The interns attached to the Programme section are deployed to any of the appropriate programme areas. Under operations, interns gain working experience in a wide range of activities including staffing and human resources, procurement, general administration and finance.
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach.
UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions as to vacancy announcements you may have received, please refer to this website. UNDP is currently aware of fictitious vacancy announcements that are being circulated through the internet, the purpose of which is to get people to register for training and send in a fee. If you believe that you have received such a notice, please forward it, and any other related information you have received, to email@example.com. Since logos, emblems, names and addresses can be easily copied or reproduced, you are advised to take particular care in applying for vacancies, including undertaking all appropriate measures to protect against the unauthorized use of any personal information you may have provided as a result of the scam.