Jingle Contest Belize 2017Nov 13, 2017
This competition is aimed at utilizing the universal language of music, to encourage the participation of musically talented members of the Belizean society in the creation of a jingle that is captivating and impactful in sending an anti-corruption message. Using your creative imagination and lyrical genesis, we invite you to provide moral solutions through music to support the Fight against Corruption. The scourge of corruption has a negative effect on the quality of life of all Belizeans, therefore a united effort is required to Stamp out Corruption!
As part of the lead up to Belize’s Anti-Corruption Week celebrations from December 4th – 9th, 2017 and ultimately the recognition of International Anti-corruption Day on the December 9th, 2017, we endeavor to select a piece that will serve as the anthem for this year’s anti-corruption campaign. The winning jingle will be heard and sung throughout all corners of Belize by hundreds of thousands of people.
The Jingle can be sung as a solo, as a duo or with friends, with a choir or band, in unison or harmony, with accompaniment or a cappella, as long as the words and music are the submitter(s)’ original idea and the entire Jingle is original.
The jingle should:
1. Capture anti-corruption themes, such as integrity, transparency and accountability in both the public and private service; but of course, those mentioned are not exhaustive!
2. Be so impactful that people cannot stop singing it!!!
Competition Rules and Guidelines
- Lyrics should have easy recall and must adhere to the standard rating classification: ‘G’ (General Audience)
- Jingle should not contain any indecent or offensive language
- Should not be in support of any act which is in violation of any law
- Should not be politically offensive or defamatory in any way.
- Should not contain any language which may be offensive to any ethnic, social or religious group.
- The duration of each Entry should not exceed sixty (60) seconds and should have the capability of being abbreviated into thirty (30) second and fifteen (15) second versions;
- The lyrics and music of the Entry must be entirely original, and should not infringe on any existing copyright or any other Intellectual Property Rights;
- An Entrant may enter only one (1) Jingle composition, as either an individual, duo choir or as part of a group;
- Individuals (Writer, Composer, Performer) may be associated with only one entry;
- An Entry must not have been previously or recently licensed to any Publisher, printed and/or distributed in hard copy form or circulated through the Internet; and
- Entries must not have been previously recorded for commercial purposes or performed live in any venue such as concert halls or school auditoria, traditional radio or television.
Deadline is November 30, 2017
The Submission Package should contain:
- The audio file of the Jingle must be in MP3 format, at a preferred sample rate of 44.1kHz (CD quality) and the File Name should bear the song Title;
- The lyrics should be submitted in Rich Text format;
- Items a. and b. should be submitted on a single CD;
- Strictly only one (1) MP3 file per entry;
- CDs should be labelled with the Name of the Individual (s) and the Title of the Jingle;
- Where a school submits multiple entries, each entry should be numbered sequentially;
- Each Entry should be accompanied by a separate hard copy document, indicating:
- Full name(s) of the individual(s) or student(s)
- Date of Birth of the individual(s) or student(s)
- Address, email and phone number of the individual(s)
- Full name, address and phone number of School (if applicable)
- Name and signature of Principal (if applicable)
Entries will be judged as follows:
· Originality (25%) - sound, unique approach to jingle-writing
· Musical Content (25%) - melody, recall
· Lyrical Content (30%) - coherence, ingenuity
· Overall Impact (20%) - total effect on an audience
By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to assign their Intellectual Property Rights to the Organizers and permit the Organizers to use the Jingle in any media, including the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever.
The Entrant shall indemnify and hold the Organizers free and harmless from any and all liabilities that may arise from copyright infringement, violation of Intellectual Property Rights, and/or any ownership related issues.
Who is the judge?
Mr. Yoelvis Medero Lunar, Co-Director, Allegro Music School, Belmopan
What will be the prizes for the selected winners?
Prizes will be awarded as follows, to entries placed first, second and third:
First prize: Vacation for 2 people, for 3 days and nights in Cancun, Mexico, courtesy of Tropic Air. Two round trip plane tickets, and one room in 4-star hotel included.
Second prize: to be determined
Third prize: to be determined
Where and how do I submit my jingle?
Each Submission Package shall be submitted to the Office of UNDP by 30 November 2017,
Entries should be submitted to:
UNCAC Jingle Competition
3rd Floor, Lawrence Nicholas Office Complex
Belmopan, Cayo District,
Belize, Central America.
Announcement of Winners
Winners will be notified through the information provided above in section 6.
Winning jingles will be played on radio and TV during International Anti-Corruption Week.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING.
The UNCAC Jingle Competition (the “Competition”) is governed by the following Official Rules (the “Rules”). By participating in the Competition, each Entrant agrees to abide by these Rules, inclusive of all eligibility requirement, and understands and respects that the result of the Competition are final in all respects.
“Jingle” means an original 60 second jingle capable of being shortened into thirty (30) second and fifteen (15) second versions and suitable for publication on radio created by an Entrant for this Competition in accordance with the Rules.
“Entry” means a submission sent to UNDP Office (including the Entrant’s name, age, address, phone number and e-mail address) and a Jingle.
“Entrant” means the individual, duo, group or choir submitting the Entry.
“You” and “Your” refers to an Entrant.
To enter the Competition, you must agree to these Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules carefully prior to Entry to ensure you understand and agree to these Rules. You may not submit an Entry to the Competition and will not be eligible to receive any prizes, unless you agree to the Rules.
These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the Organizers with respect to the Competition. By entering the Competition and submitting your Entry, you agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final.
The Competition is open to Belizean citizens residing in Belize or permanent residents living in Belize at the Secondary School level or 18 years or over at the date of Entry. Employees of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members (i.e., parents, siblings, children and spouse) and others living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Competition or to win the Competition.
Overview of the Contest
Eligible individuals may enter the Competition by creating a Jingle and submitting it as an Entry in accordance with these Rules. All Entries which comply with the eligibility, content and technical requirements of these Rules will be submitted to the judge(s) for evaluation. Entrants whose Entries are selected as first, second and third place will receive prizes.