Launch of the Southside Youth Success Project Drop-in CentreAug 21, 2012
The Department of Youth Services and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are pleased to advise of the upcoming Launch of the Southside Youth Success Project Drop-in Centre, in Belize City on August 24, 2012.
The Drop-in Centre is part of the Belize City Project, “Southside Youth Success: Pathways to employment for young men at-risk of joining gangs”, being funded by the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI), State Department, United States of America.
The drop-in centre aims to:
• Serve at-risk out of school young men 14 to 17 years old, from Southside Belize City
• Provide a space for young men to socialize and learn
• Provide training in life and employability skills
• Provide certificates to those who complete the training program
• Provide apprenticeship opportunities enabling employment and entrepreneurship
The launch will include remarks and a presentation.
Venue: 2nd Floor Commercial Centre, Regent Street, Belize City
Date and Time: Friday, August 24, 2012, 9 to 11 AM
• Minister of State Hon. Herman Longsworth
• Belize City Mayor Darrell Bradley
• US Ambassador Vinai Thummallapaly
• UNDP Resident Representative Roberto Valent
Marta Hendrikx, Communications Associate, UNDP, Belmopan, Tel. +501 822 2688, firstname.lastname@example.org